Re: [Tigers] - Model Year

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, "'J D Johnson'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] - Model Year
From: "Ross" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:56:23 -0800
Steve,

I remember in the day (60's) at least in Tennessee, Florida, and Washington,
Oregon that cars were registered as the year in which they sold new.  My
Series IV Alpine was purchased in Tennessee new in 1965 and listed as a 1965
but it was manufactured in 1964. My MK 1 Tiger was purchased in Washington
in 1967 and listed as a 67 Sunbeam Tiger.  Which I am sure would confuse
someone today.

Ross "Commodore Blues" Hulse

JD, and Tigers,

The model year change in GB is different than the US (at least in CA).
If a car is purchased after the US model changeover it is the later year.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com