[Tigers] Get Smart Preview

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Get Smart Preview
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:53:21 -0600
Is it just me or is Steve Carell the wrong guy for Maxwell Smart?  Don Adams
always had Max conduct himself as though he was principled. He did dumb
things but always meant to be proper and above reproach.  I haven't watched
Carrel on his television show much but the little I did see says that he
won't have what it takes to carry on.  If you don't have it in real life it
is hard to act it. -- Bill --

Re: Maxwell Smart's car(s):

In the original TV series there were at least two cars used.  One was an
Alpine, trimmed to look like the Tiger, and was mostly for scenes
involving a machine gun under the hood.  Of course we know there isn't
enough room for a dead cat under our Tiger hoods.  :-)

As most already know, Don Adams ended up with the car after the series.
He actually let his daughter drive it, eventually.

http://sify.com/movies/hollywood/fullstory.php?id=14611530

I have seen the car  in our area, some while ago, and it still looks
pretty good. Haven't seen Andy Rooney's Tiger, but understand he still
has it (from comments on 60 minutes).  Looking at his desk, and hearing
him, assures me he NEVER gets rid of anything. ;-)

Steve