Re: [Tigers] Exhaust manifold

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust manifold
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:29:09 -0800
  Back when George Boskoff spoke at Mammoth he stated that he 'kept sending
some kid to Ford to get different exhaust manifolds, - until he found what
worked.'  That doesn't preclude that Rootes didn't have Ford make a "better"
manifold specifically for the Tiger.  However, from Boskoff's comment I was
left to believe that there was some manifold in the Ford parts bin (auto,
industrial???) that did work. I'm also left to wonder why the manifold runs
so close to the motor mount IF it is purpose designed for the Tiger? If it
is true to the original it would be interesting to see what is on the Shelby
proto-type.
Tom