Re: [Tigers] WHAT IS IT!!

To: <marden@mistral.co.uk>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] WHAT IS IT!!
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:44:54 -0700
Hi Martin,
It is what it is - calling it a Tiger won't make it one, and in my
opinion cheapens the actual history and provenance of the car as you
present it. Production Tigers bodies were built by Jensen. The Rootes
preproduction Tigers were given 'AF' designators, and I'm not sure how
many of those were built by Jensen and how many were built inside
Rootes. If your car doesn't have an AF designation, and it doesn't have
a Jensen build plate, then it's not a Tiger.

I'd call it a John Wyer (Sunbeam Harrington) special, giving credit
where it's due. Shelby had nothing to do with your car, and neither did
Gulf. Anyone who knows anything will understand the significance of
Wyer's involvement with the creation of the car and make the appropriate
associations.

Cheers,
Theo