Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 103

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 103
From: Bill Lawrence <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:46:01 +0000
Tigers,

I had the throttle cable break in my fairly stock Mk1a Tiger.  Called Rick at
SS and he promptly sent out a replacement unit.

I noticed the angle between the inside connection point and the carb is a
little odd.   I am wondering if anyone else has a fairly significant bend
between the two points, especially where the cable passes through the
firewall?

The broken cable was replaced when my Dad rebuilt the Tiger approximately 15
years ago and I noticed some chafing on the cable housing where the cable
passes through the firewall (grommet was missing)  but the failure was
actually on the pedal end where the cable end was brazed onto the cable
itself.

Bill Lawrence

B9473246LRX