Re: [Tigers] Water pump flange height

To: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water pump flange height
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
Tim -

I just did that to an Edelbrock victor pump but don't have the dimensions
handy.  The type of balancer does make a difference, if stock, I'm not sure
what it is, but I do have a a flat face aftermarket pulley with some of Dale's
pulleys. And I had to push it back (the flange on the pump) just about to the
back of the pump housing. I had to back it off as it seems the back of the
flange had a taper and it gets into the bearing and causes interference. I
pulled it back just until the rubbing was gone. Looks pretty close. If you do
go too far it is not that hard to pull it back forward, I just put in 2 of the
bolts in the pump face and slowly used it to force the flange forward by the
bolts pushing through to the pump face. Left a small mark but otherwise fine.
Just watch the back of the pump to make sure youi not pulling the shaft out of
the impeller. I was also working on a spacer for use with a stockish set of
march pulleys that likely would work fine
 without moving the flange back, but fan likely would still be an issue.

After all that sorry I can't help with the stock measure.

Sandy