Re: [Tigers] Gee Wizz

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gee Wizz
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:05:29 -0500
Masters Field Miami Florida.  I was a Mustang aficionado and was watching
them but had friends that were into Alpines and were excited that Tigers
were around.  This would have been late 65. I have no idea who conducted the
races or what the rules were.  Since you are familiar with SCCA competition,
how did the Tigers times compare with the Alpines?  -- Bill --

---- William Lau <mrlau@charter.net> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
>     This is from experience watching road racing in the 60's.  The Tigers
> almost always got beaten by the Alpines unless there was an extremely long
> straightaway.

Bill:

I'm quite surprised that you saw Tigers and Alpines racing together on the
same track at the same time.  Assuming you are talking about SCCA road
races, the cars ran in vastly different classes; Tigers in BP (later in CP)
and Alpines predominantly in FP.  Those two classes should have never been
on the same track at the same time.  Maybe you are speaking of comparing lap
times rather than wheel-to-wheel competition??  Just out of curiosity, on
which tracks did you see this take place?

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
B9006859LRX