Re: [Tigers] heater core installation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] heater core installation
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:43:32 -0500
I'm not familiar with what the piece you are looking for is shaped like but
it is possible to take some of the new Styrofoam and carve it to whatever
shape you want.  It can even be glued together if the shape is odd or if you
make a mistake and don't want to redo the whole thing.  An electric knife
will cut it easily.  Some of the Styrofoam's are even a little soft like is
mentioned below. -- Bill --

that connects the blower to the heater core box, not just the duckbill

thks
Peter

Peter, mine was as you described yours, brittle and cracked.  Since none
were available, I used rubber cement and rubber sheets to patch it together.
This worked fairly well and the cement gave the piece some temporary
softness instead of brittleness. Robin Young