Re: [Tigers] Non factory seats in tiger

To: <crbernardino@mac.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Non factory seats in tiger
From: "Mike Hokanson" <hokey@oasisol.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:04:04 -0700
I've done a fair amount of thinking concerning seats to use in the
fuel-injected car I'm building.  I've pretty much done away with the first
generation Toyota MR2 (sold last car a couple months ago).  I drove one for 6
years without any issues as a daily driver, but have moved on to the 'Stang
convertible and other toyz.  Believe it or not, that isn't a bad option to
utilize a pair of those bucket seats.  They came in a variety of colors, and
the seat width makes it a realistic possibility.  I kept an extra pair from a
S/C car, and they have nice fabrics as well as a ratcheting headrest and are
very comfortable and adjustable.  I drove many miles in those seats and have
no complaints.  I also have a Mazda Miata, and they have a very nice, compact
seat as well with nice support as well as factory speakers in the headrests.
Just a couple of options for consideration.  I'm sure there are other Tiger
owners out there who have come across good replacements for the custom car.
Dad used a pair of Huntmaster seats in his Tiger for quite a few years and I
thought they fit well.  One obstacle is the shoulder area width due to the
hardtop latch and that needs to be addressed when fitting seats/rails.

Mike Hokanson