Re: [Tigers] Car Transport

To: "Tony Day" <tonbren@chariot.net.au>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Car Transport
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:15:38 -0600
I looked into shipping a car once and a motorcycle once.  Both times were
educational in that I found that most of the people offering to ship the car
were brokers, and they would call and call and call and call even after you
told them no thanks. The brokers also seemed willing to promise you anything
on the phone, but the written quotes contained loopholes that based on some
horror stories I heard, could be very ugly when they don't pick up the car
when they say, or they take 4 times as long to deliver it, and argue with
you over the damage they cause.   I ended up driving or flying to pick up
the vehicle both times, it was just cheaper and easier for me.

But the list has had several recommendations in the past.  I know one of
them was for Passport auto transport, which has been bought by Fedex Custom
Critical several years ago, and seems to have the specialize enclosed trucks
for transporting with lift mechanisms so your car doesn't even have to drive
up a ramp.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Steve
.