Re: [Tigers] MC bore

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MC bore
From: Bob <bob@hermitagewood.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 07:15:57 -0500
The bolt that broke was not the pressure plate to flywheel attaching
bolts, but was instead a bolt on the pressure plate nearer the center.
It retained the pivot for the 'fingers' that cause the plate to retract
when the throwout bearing was extended.   A master cylinder that is too
large will extend the clutch fork and throwout bearing too far, which
can stress those bolts until one breaks (which it did in my case).   It
was a nice high quality hayes pressure plate too, not a cheapie.    The
larger bore master (because it moves the slave further per unit of
stroke on the master) then has a higher pressure required by your foot,
hence my suggestion to verify both cylinders if the pressure is unduly high.

--Bob
'66 Tiger 382000782