Re: [Tigers] Red Grease

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tiger@missiongranite.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Red Grease
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 12:44:01 -0600
Well the few references that I've seen in my quick search seem to
indicate it's a vegetable based grease (so, Vaseline would not be a
suitable substitute). The thinking is that petroleum based rubbers will
get eroded by the petroleum oils in most greases. Silicone grease (check
bicycle shops and electronics outfits) would possibly be a reasonable
substitute so long as it's pure silicone with no petroleum solvents.

Theo