Re: [Tigers] radiator cap

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] radiator cap
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:33:28 -0600
Just a note, I bought one of those 'chrome' caps for my mustang, and it had
very poor build quality, and the thing leaked and boiled over all the time,
I finally realized the rubber piece on the inside had too big of  a center
hole in it, and it was offset on the center post and because of that the
rubber seal was offcenter and it sealed very poorly on one side of the cap
and cause all my problems.  So check any repo cap you get for build quality,
and if you can find someone who still has the pressure checker that would be
even better.

I don't remember offhand what psi cap is currently on my tiger, but it is
aftermarket as I remember it, so probably not a good source of what was on
there originally.

Steve