Re: [Tigers] The First Alger

To: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>, Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] The First Alger
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 05:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
Ah... now I know why Shelby wants to register all the Tigers.  He's going to
start filing lawsuits against anybody who wants to build an Alger.  Unless, of
course, they have paid Team Shelby and are licensed to produce a "Shelby
Replica."

Bill

Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net> wrote: At 12:11 AM 5/22/2008, you wrote:
>Alternatively of course. We could encourage the true followers of
>Shelbys work to register their Algers - after all he made the first one!

Actually, he made the second, if you want to look at it that
way.  Ian paid Ken Miles to build the first, and they drove it from
LA to San Francisco and back to test the concept before the Shelby
prototype was completed.  But I really think we should reserve the
term "Alger" for the creations that have occurred since the end of
Tiger production, because of the value differentials with the
Alpine.  The prototypes certainly deserve more respect.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net
You are subscribed as fordlandia@sbcglobal.net