[Tigers] Shelby's claim to name Sunbeam Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Shelby's claim to name Sunbeam Tiger
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:39:35 -0700
http://www.saac.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=33
)
>you will find a copy of Shelby's amended complaint recently  filed.  Go
>towards the end around page 18 and look for exhibit  "A".  In the exhibit
look
>under "License Agreement" and then find the  paragraph titled "Recitals".

>This appears to be a list of the many names that Shelby stakes a  claim
>to.....names like Cobra, Shelby Cobra, Shelby Cobra 427, etc..  Well,  lo
and
>behold what name shows up toward the end of the list, but "Sunbeam Tiger"
 :-)))
>Now, can some legal type figure out what that means?  Does it  mean that
>while everyone was sleeping that Shelby's company staked claim to the
name? Or is
>this something he obtained through  his original deal with  Rootes way
back
>in the 60's?

No, that is not what seems to be going on.  In fact, it could have been
SAAC who put Sunbeam Tiger in the list.  If you look at other sections in
the License Agreement where it sets forth the requirements for SAAC to
label its use of "Shelby" and other related names as owned by Shelby, it
does NOT list Sunbeam Tiger on those lists.  Sunbeam Tiger is only on the
list in the recitals and the definition of "Licensed Properties."  So,I
believe SAAC wanted to have everything under the sun as a "Licensed
Property" so Shelby could not come back at them and claim any additional
rights for anything else.  But, when it came down to the affirmative
obligations of SAAC, the list was much smaller.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.