[Tigers] Tiger Front Suspension Part II

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Front Suspension Part II
From: "Mike Hokanson" <hokey@oasisol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:01:39 -0700
List reply Part II  -  The setup in Bud's car in Los Angeles is the second
unit I built, and was somewhat similar to the original unit I built for Dad's
car back in 2006.  But many things changed after his was built.  The structure
is shorter, shocks moved, different control arms, simple/quick adjustability.
I have the first original crossmember setup at the shop now and is getting
ready to go in a Tiger in Reno when I'm finished with a couple of updates.
>From #3 on, they are very similar.  Info on that can be viewed on the website.
The setups are already shipped or delivered to Los Angeles, Denver, Atlanta,
Idaho, Canada, etc.  I've had an unfortunate incident with UPS on a unit that
was crated and shipped.  It left here in a custom-built wood crate, but was
delivered in an undersize cardboard box with the parts tossed in it with parts
extending beyond the container.  Not a good thing, and the results were
disturbing.  Needs to be re-powder coated, not sure if the unit was
damaged/deformed or not as it has not been installed in a chassis yet.
Getting the insurance settled with UPS has been a nightmare.  The only vision
I have is a big forklift running over it.  I'm looking at doing some other
minor changes to the structure, but mostly in material selection and
condensing the construction to reduce the welding and fabrication time.  I'm
delivering another completed setup in a few weeks and then I'll start another.
The "wish-list" is very long, and I've kept everyone's e-mail and contact info
who showed serious interest when the project started (Buck - your e-mail keeps
bouncing back as undeliverable). I'm not taking any more commitments at this
time until I get finished with the units I've already got scheduled.   I do
not have plans to be in Big Bear at Tigers United this year.  I've got too
much to do and other places that I'm scheduled to be.  If anyone has other
questions, feel free to contact me via e-mail or on the list.

Mike Hokanson
Toyzjunkie.com