[Tigers] Gas Scam

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Gas Scam
From: "Steve Coleman" <tigerlat70@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:26:39 -0700
SOMETHING TO WATCH OUT FOR !

Don't know if this is true or not but it seems easy enough to check out.
Thought I would pass it on.

Toni

This is a true story, so read it carefully.  On April 24, 2008, I stopped at
Kangaroo BP gas station, located at 1325 Main Street, Cartersville, GA.

 My truck's gas gauge was on 1/4 of a tank.  I use the  Mid-grade, which
was priced at $3.71 per gallon.  When my > tank is at this point, it takes
some where around 14  gallon's to fill it up.

 When the pump showed 14 gallons had been pumped I began to slow it
down,  then to my surprise it went to 15, then 16 .I even looked under my
truck to see if it was being  spilled.  It was not.  Then it showed 17
gallons
had been  pumped. It  stopped at almost 18 gallons.

 This was very strange to me, since my truck has only an 18  gallon ta nk.
I went on my way a little confused, then on  the evening news I heard a re-
port that 1 out  of 4 gas  stations Had calibrated their pumps to show more
gas had been pumped than a person actually got.

 Here is how to check a pump to see if you are getting the  right Amount:

Whichever grade you are using, put EXACTLY 10 GALLONS in  your tank,
then look at the dollar amount.

 If the dollar amount is not  EXACTLY  10 times the price of  the fuel you
have chosen, then the pumps are rigged.  In my case as I said the mid-
grade was $3.71.9 per gallon, my  dollar amount for 10 gallons should have
been $37.19.  If I had only check the pump.  It doesn't matter where  you
pump
gas, please check the 10 gallon price.  If you do  find a station that is
cheating,
contact your State Agriculture  Department, and direct  your comments to The

 Commissioner or Director.