Re: [Tigers] Panhard Rod

To: Wally Menke <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>, Tiger's List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Panhard Rod
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 09:00:51 -0700 (PDT)
Wally,

FYI, its pretty "normal" for Mark II's, also... just that they are mounted (and
break off) on the left (drivers) side as they changed the location on the Mark
II's.  The previous owner of my car had also tried welding the original bracket
back on... but by the time I purchased the car it had already broken again and
the Panhard rod and bracket were in the trunk of the car.

I ran my Mark II for quite a while without the Panhard rod, and experienced no
apparent issues.  But, I recently pulled the rear end out to have the gear
changed, and decided to tackle the Panhard issue before I put the rear end back
in.

I purchased one of Tom Hall's (Tiger Engineering) Panhard rod repair kits.  Can
be seen at this link:

http://www.tigerengineering.net/

His site has a .pdf file with instructions.  The kit fit very well, I just
completed the installation.  I have not yet put the rear end back in the car
(decided to address some exhaust "cosmetics" issues first).  But the bracket
and "frame" reinforcing parts that Tom engineered are really heavy duty & I'm
confident it is permanently repaired.

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI

Wally Menke <walmenke@bigpond.net.au> wrote: Looks like my Panhard rod bracket
mounted on the chassis has cracked and
almost come off, which I believe is normal for the Mk1 cars. Previous owner
had welded it back on as well. Any problems running the car without this? Is
there a better solution?

Wally Menke

B9471793
You are subscribed as fordlandia@sbcglobal.net