[Tigers] Subject: Cross-members

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] Subject: Cross-members
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:24:23 EDT
Hello,

Been a little frightened of late as I haven't ever had my cross-member out.
I want very much to do all I can to do the Fulcrum pin fixes and the like.
Sandblast the thing, check for cracks, and all.

But, to do it in season would be, well, using up precious New England  warm
weather drive time.

Here is the question: can you use an Alpine cross-member, and if different
from a Tiger, do what mods need be done (and of course have the clear benefit
of  time)? Seems they must be darned similar.....or what?

And, are they easy to find? I'd imagine if different from a Tiger, Tiger
cross-members would be hen's teeth, but maybe Alpine ones aren't.

Best regards,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 382002083
LRXFE