Re: [Tigers] Control of Energy

To: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>, Steve Laifman
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Control of Energy
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:24:33 -0400
At 06:17 PM 6/17/2008, Teepen, Jere wrote:
 >My dad had a DKW (pre-Audi)in the late 50's/early 60's.  I believe it was a
3
 >cylinder two stroke, but am unsure.  He seems to have really enjoyed that
car
 >as it is one of the few he ever talks about.  I have never been able to
find
 >any pictures of his, but have seen some photos of what they looked like.  I
 >wonder if there are any remaining here in the U.S.  I have also never been
 >able to find any pictures of his Alpine either, darn it.

I blush to admit this, but part of my sinful
youth was spent as an Episcopal Cathedral
Choirboy in Pittsburgh in the 1960's.  One of the
Choir Mothers had a DKW.  We once got nine
choirboys into it, and I doubt if that record has ever been beaten.

The history of Auto Union is fascinating and has
been far more successful than that of the other
Weimar-forced corporate merger of 1926, the Zeiss
Ikon camera concern.  Both were mergers of four
companies -- note the four circles in the Audi logo?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!