[Tigers] Air Conditioning

To: Duke Samouce <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Air Conditioning
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:42:55 -0700
Duke,

I realize that a refrigerated air conditioner may be more costly, but I
did see a neat conversion using an older Mazda console type A/C fans and
condenser (with "Ford" everything else.

The console neatly mounts between the transmission tunnel and the dash,
just behind the dashboard fascia. It contains the condenser and fans in
this unit, including directional cool air outlets.

Looks very neat, and similar to the accessory radio/speaker console.

For all after-market add-ons, this one may be most useful.  Be cautious
about which coolant type the unit is designed for, as gas refills may be
hard to find.  There are change kits, including orifices and expansion
valves that may adapt older gas types. (read "unavailable")

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com