[Tigers] Gas Tank Recoating

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Gas Tank Recoating
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:27:47 -0400
While chasing down some fuel contamination problems, I removed the
cross-over tube and connecting tubes.  I noticed the Eastwood gas tank
sealant I had applied about 4 years ago was starting to peel off inside the
gas tank.  So I removed the tanks, intending to have the work done
professionally this time.  After a little on-line research I took the tanks
to a Gas Tank Renu franchise (about 1.5 hours away).  Their quote to clean
and recoat both tanks - including an extra $30 per tank to remove the rest
of the Eastwood stuff - was $560.  Doesn't this sound a bit pricey?  I plan
to check around for a local radiator shop and I'll ask some of the local
speed shops/gear heads for some advice as well.

Has anyone had recent experience shipping the tanks to a "known good value"?

Cheers,

Graham