Re: [Tigers] using "The Club"

To: tigers@autox.team.net, zimme008@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] using "The Club"
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:49:46 EDT
Randy wrote:

> I employ a Club (locking on the brake pedal and
> steering wheel) and, if I'm going to be gone and out-of-sight for awhile,

Randy,
       The only thing holding the piston and associated parts inside your
brake master cylinder is a snap ring and about 3/16" of aluminum at the very
end
of the brake master cylinder's bore.  If someone tries to use force to remove
your 'Club', that small area of aluminum will tear away from the cylinder and
the brake pedal will jump up under the dashboard, and the reservoir will dump
its contents on your floor.  I saw the result of what I am reporting about 15
years back in a Tiger and I sold the owner a new brake master cylinder since
the original was not repairable (price-wise).
Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle

Gas prices getting
you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.