Re: [Tigers] Fw: How Far Can A Restoration Go?

To: Alan Zeni <tiger@missiongranite.com>, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: How Far Can A Restoration Go?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:48:10 -0700
Alan,

As I dimly recall, the S/N was riveted to the chassis of the Cobra in
the earlier years, and it can be rebuilt and licensed here in
California.  A really tough State (remember "Gone in 60 Seconds). That
was all that was required for a T-Bone, or "A" Ford. And the same for my
"RED TOI", which only had the donor VW platform that had the S/N stamped
on the tunnel.

See Page 5, (with sound on):

http://www.tigersunited.com/articles/sl-mc/SteveLaifman.asp

Some cop stopped my son, Jay, (current owner), and required a vehicle
inspection as the S/N was not "visible" through the windshield.  The
chassis was older than the "window visible tag", so the CHP approved it.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com