Re: [Tigers] Russo & Steele Tiger

To: "Tod Brown" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Russo & Steele Tiger
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:21:09 -0700
Tod,

I noticed the same thing.

In reading the write-up I got the impression that someone ripped off a
section of a book that covered the beginnings of the Tiger. Does anyone
recognize or recall the source?

We all know that production Tigers came with the Salisbury equivalent of a
Dana 44 and some race Tigers (3?) were equipped with a Dana 23 built by
Doanne Spencer which was homologated and listed as  an LAT option.

George Boskoff recalls that when he built the prototype the rear end was
supplied by Ian Garrad. Before the car was shipped to England for its
showing to Lord Rootes, Ian had Doanne install what Doanne recalled to be a
Dana 23. (I wish I'd  have checked the prototype to see if a 23 is still
underneath it.) Regardless, George remembered that the rear end Rootes
provided was "too big" and "huge". Perhaps this was a Galaxy rear end?

One other thought: is a Galaxy rear end a just a standard 9 inch Ford? I
don't remember.

Buck Trippel