[Tigers] Brian Anglis & Autokraft

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Brian Anglis & Autokraft
From: Peter MacDonald <macdonald49@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:50:41 -0700
In 1988 we had a tour of the remnants of the Brooklands race track
and clubhouse as well as the old BAC hangers located in the infield.
My brother-in-law did his apprenticeship there so knew his way
around. Autokraft was located there and it is just down the road a
bit from Thames Ditton, home of AC Cars. They had all the original
frame jigs, wooden body bucks for shaping the aluminum panels, and a
paint shop. At the time, they were painting the "new" ME3000's for
AC. They were also making Ferrari Daytona coupes into roadsters
(amongst other marques) and I believe they also still own the "GT 40"
trademark, as they were building the Mk V's (and the AC MkIV's).

Basically, you could probably send them the VIN tag and get a new
Cobra back. The Shelby guys have had many interesting cases where the
frame and body have been separated after a wreck and two new cars
appear, each with the same serial no. Keeps the lawyers in gas money,
I'm sure.

Peter