Re: [Tigers] overheated solenoid

To: "'Mike Michels'" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>, "'Tiger Email List'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] overheated solenoid
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 12:01:35 -0500
Mike,

First check and clean ALL connections, especially the eng. to frame gnd. A
lot of current has to flow to the starter and any corrosion can cause a
problem. On my car I have #2 cable from batt. to solenoid then to starter
and then engine to frame so the complete circuit is #2cable. (Stock is #4.)
If all checks out well, replacing the solenoid might be in order.
Electrical parts that I think are top quality are Standard Bluestreak, Most
good parts stores should have them.

Good luck.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187