Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 293

To: tigers@autox.team.net, tcprager@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 293
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 05:24:38 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/2008 11:10:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tigers-request@autox.team.net writes:

> From: Thomas Prager <tcprager@hotmail.com>
>
>  My generator has crapped out for the third time in three years and just
> under 2,500 miles. I get it rebuilt, but it does not last. Perhaps it does
> not
> like being spun over at 6,000 rpms every time I drive the car? Is there a
> permanent fix? Would a larger pulley help? I want to maintain a stock
> appearance in the engine bay, so I am not interested in switching to an
> alternator or the PowerMaster alternator that looks like a generator.
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Tom,
       There is a hard-to-get genuine Ford larger diameter pulley that was
used in early Shelby applications.  I don't have the part number handy, but if
you research Shelby sites online I'm sure you can find this rare animal.
Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle

9470908

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.