[Tigers] Top-loader OD.

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Top-loader OD.
From: John Crawley <alittlemoreink@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:03:06 +0000
Hi:
I have had a cast iron overdrive-top-loader in my in my TIGER for 40,000
miles. I would say there is no reason to state that it is not as robust as the
standard top-loader. They are identical except for the layshaft in the O.D.
has an oil groove cut in it. Some of these were produced with aluminium cases
and these were problematic.
As to drivability there IS too large of a gap between 2nd and 3rd but first is
just right. They came with two ratios 20% O.D. and 30% O.D. I have the 30% and
it is great on the highway.
It is not a bolt in installation. . . you can not use the Tiger tailshaft
which caused some conversion but this is not hard to do.
If you want more information please contact me at alittlemoreink@hotmail.com
and I will send you details.
Godspeed in Safety Fast
Jc