[Tigers] Rust Remover

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Rust Remover
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:03:36 -0500
Gary, I have never tried that stuff but PPG sells Chemfil DX 579 metal
cleaner and Ditzler has one that is virtually identical that can be bought
in automotive paint stores.  It was used to take rust off before painting
sheetmetal and is very quick at rust removal.  Parts can be immersed in it
for a long time with no effect on the metal also.  I think it is just
phosphoric acid with some alcohol in it.  The price was very nominal but I
haven't bought any for some time.  It is a gallon which mixes with two parts
water. Automotive paint stores may have a different brand but it will be the
same stuff.  Likely the evaporust is the same thing also.-- Bill --

Anybody try this stuff?

http://www.evaporust.com