[Tigers] re-coring

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] re-coring
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:28:08 EDT
Hello,

As overheating has been deviling me (surprise, surprise), I've had a modern
six bladed fan installed, a pusher electric fan, and a gulp bottle for when it
 pukes.

A laser thermometer shows a  temp drop of  only 12 degrees across  the
radiator and it is not consistent in temp: there is an area that is
considerably
cooler than the main area.

Looks like it is time to get the radiator re-cored. I am asking of any tips
in this regard. What works, should/can I get it done locally, or if there is a
 magic bullet lurking out there. I want to stay with a copper/original style
radiator, not an aluminum one. There is a local shop that could do the  work,
but I'd like to benefit from the accumulated wisdom of  you Listers.

Best regards,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 382002083
LRXFE