Re: [Tigers] Engine ID

To: "'Buck Trippel'" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine ID
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 17:27:47 -0400
Buck
        I second that and I think it is worth every penny I paid.

This book is about 1 1/2" thick and it is jam packed with pictures that
cover all aspects of the engine.  There is more information in this book
then you can possibly digest.   It is the best reference book I have about
SBF engines.

I Emailed Bob Mannel a few times to see if he might have run across any
records for the 260 and 289's that were sent to Rootes, the 510 engine code
on the 260 engine tag or any information at all; he did not have any
information related to the Tiger engines.

I wish Bob had a 3rd volume of similar content that covered bell housings,
clutch, pressure plates and transmission for SBF.   Don't hold your breath
about that, he exhausted himself for 17 years researching the engine book.

Ron Fraser