Re: [Tigers] Tigers] Panasports

To: CoolVT@aol.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers] Panasports
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:17:11 -0700
Mark,

108 mm converts to 4.2519685 inches. 4.5 inches is exactly 114.3 mm. I
don't exactly know what "bolt spacing" is. I am much more used to "bolt
circle" as describing the diameter of the circle through the center of
the bolt holes/studs.

HOWEVER, Panasport describes the bolt circle as 108 mm.! HOWEVER,
"offset" is really an important value to assure that the relation ship
between the rear wheel mounting surface differs from the tire width
center. I have heard that on the 14" wheel, the fronts should be 22 mm
offset, and the rears 17mm offset - or expect some body rubbing on some
wheel well surface.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-wheel8.asp

The Panasport wheels on Jerry Vanderpool's beautiful red Tiger are:
16 inch wheel diameter, and they are available in 15 inch.

http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/vanderpool_j/default.asp

There are a lot of comments on Panasport wheels in the Techtips section,
but can be directly found in the Search Engine (Magnifying Glass on
every page at the top header). "Panasport" would be a good search key.

Steve
__

Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com