Re: [Tigers] Vibration report

To: atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Vibration report
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:47:31 EDT
Tom,
I don't think this place had any kind of a lathe to trim the  tires.  If they
did I wouldn't want them trimming off new tires for  me.  Supposedly if they
are less than 26lb.off  then you shouldn't  feel anything until you get over
100mph.  Guess I'll have to remember  that:-)
I remember the old rayon tires would develop flat spots especially  if they
were parked suddenly when they were very hot. Supposedly you had to get  them
up to the same previous temp. and let them cool gradually to get the flat  spot
out. I've heard that idea more than once, but never got  into  it.
I still have one of those bubble levels and a selection of those  dreaded
lead weights.  They could get things a little close, but nothing  near the
accuracy of today's machines.

deal here.