Re: [Tigers] Re How hot is hot ?

To: sralsten@ca.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Re How hot is hot ?
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:15:27 EDT
Steve

With very few exceptions, Nothing on the Tiger is metric.
That's what made England, England.  Use metrics like
the bloody French.  I should say not.

On MK IA's and II, there is a small brass strip inside
the header tank that says 'Fill ro here  or such.'  I
don't know if MK I's had that.

100 % water will give the best cooling, but does not
protect and freezing, lubricate the water pump, protect
against galvanatic reaction between dissimilar metals
(Iron block, aluminum water pump, etc).

Most agree 50-50 mix is best.  anything more actually
degrades the cooling.  If you are going to run a 10-90
mixture, be sure and add water pump lubricant.

As I have said in other replies, the less silicon the
better.  The silicates form an insoluble perpatricate
by reacting the minerals in the water + heat.

The Tiger's heating issues have never been with the
coolant.  Its air flow or lack of it that's the problem.

Dave

In a message dated 8/28/2008 12:05:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,