[Tigers] Gear and Tire Calculator

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Gear and Tire Calculator
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
I got some work done over the weekend and put of the gear and tire calculator.
It is not 100% but seems to be working OK. This will allow you to calculate
shift points and tire size information. Will also give RPM gear drop for
shifts as well as tire dimensions.
It may have a few glitches, but seems to
work ok now. Hit the 'Sample' button to stuff all the fields with some
'sample' data then hit calculate. I will next add a graph to help visulize the
data. You can cut and paste the data out of the exit box if you want to print
(Notepad, Word, etc).
To operate, just fill in the Gear, RPM, and Tire data.
Note that you need only to fill in the transmission ratios the compound ratios
(trans x rear) are calculated automaticall.
Let me know if anyone finds
anything or needs more data...
This was modeled after the Window program
GearCalc by Peter Odgen (http://www.locost7.info/gearcalc.php)  that I use,
but web based. Note at this time it does not support METRIC (KMH) but I can if
anyone needs it.
Enjoy.
New Tire and Gear Tool
http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/GearCalc.html