Re: [Tigers] Engine build dates

To: "'Jeffrey Nichols'" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine build dates
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:19:43 -0400
Jeff
        My engine build date is 2 days before yours, Jan 16,1965 with a Tag
date of Jan 1965; my Tiger's build date is Aug 1965.  So in my case the
engine build date matches the date on the aluminum engine Tag; then the
engine was stored in the parts bin until August when it was placed into my
Tiger.

It is possible that there was a production problem and your Tiger received
the 65 engine or there was a problem with the first engine and it had to be
replace with a 2nd engine on the line.

If you look a TBON you will note that there are only a couple of Tigers
built in Nov of 1964; possible strike or production problem, Holidays, Plant
shut down???   Could be a number of reasons.  You could ask Norm if he has
any details.

Ron Fraser