Re: [Tigers] Anyone added Hazard Lights to their Tiger?

To: "'Paul R. Breuhan'" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>, "'Tigers Den'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Anyone added Hazard Lights to their Tiger?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:41:21 -0400
Paul
        Yes I have put hazard lights on my Tiger.
I'm no electrical guy either so please correct any errors if anyone sees
them.

The stock flasher can on the Tiger has a B post for the battery, an L post
for the load and a P post for the indicator light.   I'm not sure the P post
will support enough amperage to run the flashers even on just one side.

I added a 2 post flasher can; connected the B post to the battery and the L
post to both sides of a double pole switch and then the flashers to the
switch.   Left side flashers on one side of the double pole switch and the
right side flashers to the other side of the switch.

It seems to me that I have a slight problem with the way I wired this in my
Tiger and there is condition when the flashers do not work when I want them
to.   I need to look at what I did to see if I can correct that problem.  I
think I pulled the 12v battery line to the flasher can from the wrong place.
I really need to go back under the dash again to make a diagram of that
wiring change.

I also changed to having a left and right turn signal indicator and I
changed the rear tail lights so both upper and lower segments light up when
I turn the lights on.  My thoughts are that more tail light = more safety at
night.

Ron Fraser