Re: [Tigers] stock wheels

To: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>, Steve Laifman
Subject: Re: [Tigers] stock wheels
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:45:20 +0000
You guys might be correct about the part number but...

When this Alpine wheel vs. Tiger wheel thing first surfaced on this list over
ten years ago, I had a very original 1966 SV Alger (!?) sitting in my garage
next to
my very original 1964 MkI Tiger.  I don't know about the thickness of the center
section but it was obvious that the shape of the lug "well" or raised dimpled
section around the lug nut was VERY different between the Alpine wheel and
the Tiger wheel.  Before I compared them I thought Alpine and Tiger wheels were
the same but not now!  Maybe the parts list REPLACEMENT number for an
Alpine is the Tiger wheel...?

Gary
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>