[Tigers] RE Tiger sand Jeeps parts?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] RE Tiger sand Jeeps parts?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:04:05 -0700
Cullen,
 First, Chris corrected me. My comment on the postal rear end was that it
was too wide.  He has one and he must be right in that it is a bit narrow.
He might better confirm what else I stated. As I said, "I recalled" and my
recollection is getting old. :-)

I measured backing plate to backing plate and I get 46-1/2" on the Tiger.
I'm doing a Turbo 2.3 Pinto and had to swap in a Ford 8".  I thought this
might work for you, but the same backing plate to backing plate measurements
are 51".  To my knowledge the Pinto/Mustang II  8" is the narrowest Ford
rearend available. There is some speculation that the Maverick 8" is 1/2"
shorter, but I have never confirmed this. In either case that amount is a
lot to compensate for. Wheel offset would give that "front drive look," and
likely not allow for tire rotation.
Tom

> Thanks Ron, I understand. is it convenient for anyone to give me a
> dimension
> of the Tiger Dana, from some measurable point, like flange to flange or
> back
> of backing plate? The original rear end for my Tiger is long gone..

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
7:54 AM