[Tigers] trim fasteners and a lube you never knew you needed

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] trim fasteners and a lube you never knew you needed
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:20:41 EDT
The soft top vinyl cover is fixed to the body by a series of "Lift-the-Dot"
fasteners.
Two of these fasteners fixed to the body are "double  length"studs, say 1"
instead of the normal 1/2".

I tried to buy some double length studs with machine screw bottom instead  of
sheet metal screw bottomfrom Rick at S/S and he said he doesn't have them
anymore and his supplier can't get them.

I Googled "Lift-the-Dot" and found no 1" with machine screw bottom units on
any site including the manufacturing company in the US. I even sent them an
e-mail to find out if they were available.
---NOPE---

I googled  "google.co.uk" for Lift-the-Dot and found them at Tim  Hodgekiss's
site _www.vintagemotorspares.com_ (http://www.vintagemotorspares.com) ,
called  him on Skype and he has 'em in stock and could get a 1K quantity if
Rick
wanted  them. I reported back to Rick so he can get them if he chooses.

But:  anybody know of any in the US?

On another topic, while searching I found an interesting lube for zippers
(same place, on the vinyl soft top cover.
See quote below:

"Zipper and Snap Lubricant protects and helps keep your fasteners working
smoothly. Zippers glide up and down. Inhibits corrosion and salt build up. Easy

to apply gel. This product should be in every boat!

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A  382002083
LRXFE

5 Travel Deals!