Re: [Tigers] Lift-the-Dot long studs for soft top cover

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lift-the-Dot long studs for soft top cover
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:48:07 -0700
Jim,

Sorry to hear that.  I bought a lot of stainless fasteners (including
sheet metal screws and dimpled washers),  the long "lift-a-dot" (DOT
fasteners, both lift and pull the dot) machine screw fasteners, from my
local Marine Supply store.  They specialized in pleasure small boats,
and these were used for tarp/cockpit cover fasteners.  They have the
round head type, as well.

Dot Fasteners Direct listing of nickel, brass, and stainless fasteners
in machine 8/32 machine screw and self tapping screws can be found at:

http://www.dotfastenersdirect.com/catalog.html
Click "_Lift The DOT: Screw Studs_" on the Catalog Index.

They also have the round button type caps and sockets, but these are the
MANUFACTURER and sell in large quantities (100 - 1000).  I am sure they
will tell you of your local stocking retailer for the product you want.
BUT the 100 pack stainless 8/32 is $31.50 for a 100 pack.  They ALL
appear to have nickel studs, though.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman