[Tigers] The small world of Tigers

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] The small world of Tigers
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:47:31 -0500
A short story that I for one find COMICAL. Last week I posted a question asking
if anyone was using the Parrish Plastics HT. I didn't disclose my reason, which
was this. I bought a car with one attached and quickly removed it with no
intention of putting it on again. I paid no attention to how it was installed I
just took it apart no notes no pictures. I recently decided I would use it for
one more winter but couldn't recall the setup of the aluminum
brackets/tornbuckles on the sides. I was hoping to find someone I could ask.

I get  a couple responses and one from Richard (RB) who send me a picture of a
red Tiger with the Parrish top on it asking me "Is this one ?" I was thrilled
and said yes, is that your car ? He said no it was one he had taken a picture
of at the Tulsa Mid America meet, never found the owner.

By this time it is the next day and I can't see the picture he sent as it is on
my home computer. I start wondering how many red Tigers in Oklahoma could have
that same top?  Richard offers to send me all the pics he has of that car. When
he does I see that it is MY CAR from a year before I bought it. I purchased it
in Oklahoma City and amoung other things it still has the Mid America Cobra
decal on it.

The really funny part is after being sent pictures of my own car taken 1 year
before I owned it is that one of Richards shots shows exactly what I needed to
see to refresh my memory.

So thank you to my PO for showing the car that weekend and thank you Richard
for tryingto help by sending an "Is this one ? photo which led to the picture I
should have taken myself before removing things.

It;s a small world and a good lesson learned by me to photograph before removal
in the future.

Steve R