Re: [Tigers] oxford word of the year

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] oxford word of the year
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:14:30 -0800
One "hypermiling" technique that is not ever mentioned, yet very low in cost
and high in safety is "jackstands."  This January I will have gotten 8 years
of Tiger ownership enjoyment and spent zero dollars on gas and insurance.
Though I will have to admit that repair costs have still been rather high.
Perhaps (I say with a pondering pause) "next year" all that should change.

  My 1991 Mazda 323 with a highway estimate of 37 MPG has gotten 45 MPG.  My
wife's Mazda MPV with an estimated 23 MPG has gotten 28+ MPG.  So, when I
apply the techniques of hypermiling it does benefit my Tiger in that I an
"load-banking" (another term for "word of the year" consideration) fuel for
the future.  Thankfully, in the case of hypermiling , "the mileage you get
may vary" is often a positive statement.

Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
7:53 AM