Re: [Tigers] Max brake drum ID?

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Max brake drum ID?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:47:08 -0800
Tom, and Tigers

Good you did it yourself, Tom.  If you had a garage (or Pep Boys)
install disc pads or drum shoes in California they MUST turn the
rotors/drums if there are any scores in them.  To be "safe" the turn
them even if no scores.  Enhances revenue, and reduces law suits.

Luckily, I went to an old friend who was restores MG-TC's and is
internationally known for this.  He owned a brake shop. As he and I were
once race car drivers, and he knew me back when he worked in a garage
with Alan Moss <http://www.mossmotors.com/> and he and  knew that light
disc surface grooves wear the pads quickly to conform to the disc
surface.  IMHO, drums do need turning if the brake drum is deeply
scored, or flared.

Just like our legal pro Tigers, this is not a recommendation for you to
follow.

Steve
___

Steve Laifman