Re: [Tigers] 2" shortie water pump

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, amberlychamberlain@sbcglobal.net,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2" shortie water pump
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:53:01 -0400
Sandy and all;

QUESTION:  Does the 302 block take the same water pump as the 289?

You want to get my, or anyone else's, heart pumping hard that has put a
thick rad in their Tiger, just mention the prospect of a "shortie" water
pump!

After 4 years of seeing the needle pinned to the "HOT" stop on my temp
gauge, and applying all the remedies recommended by the gods of heat control
on this list without measurable success, I put a thick alloy rad in my car.
Presto! Instant, (well not quite "instant") but complete relief and I now
have a
cool running Tiger.

Only problem is: the tip of the water pump shaft is only 3/8" from the fins
on the new, thick rad.

A shortie water pump would be the final piece of the puzzle on my car.

Thanks,

Dave