Re: [Tigers] Sound deadening products

To: "Lynn Wall" <cars@wt-inc.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sound deadening products
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:39:10 -0800
I used standard Dynamat, and it really only needs a square foot or two. One
warning is that the interior surface must be completely clean and as rust
free as possible. Also recommend spraying 3m trim adhesive on the steel. The
first time I applied dynamat, it slowly peeled off and drooped into the
window lift mechanism and spread adhesive on the glass. A smaller, lighter
weight patch and trim adhesive is now more secure.  If you have a small
roller (like for wallpaper or inking printing plates) that will press the
dynamat more firmly in place.