[Tigers] Heater control valve/cable

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Heater control valve/cable
From: "Steve Ralsten" <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:02:59 -0800
I have a newish valve installed by PO. Almost certainly not a Rootes part.
My temp control cable
does not make valve open. I spent a bit of time trying to access the dash
lever end of the cable.
It appears correctly connected but I can't get my hands up in there well
enough to manipulate
it anyway. I've disconnected the cable from the valve end and can manually
move the valve
and get heat to the interior. The PO apparently knew of this situation as he
included for me
a Mustang cable and a note saying Rick at SS had suggested that as a repair.
I've done some searching of the archives
and it seems that a Rootes valve is a virtual impossible thing to find.

My questions....

What suggestions are there for a new control valve that comes as close as
possible to original in appearance ?
What suggestions for cables ?
I have not yet had any reason to remove dash. If I remove the visible screws
along dash top is it going to pull away
and will that give me access to replace control cable ?

Thanks

Steve R
B9473720