Re: [Tigers] O2 Sensor

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] O2 Sensor
From: parlanti@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:52:45 +0000
For those of you who like to fiddle with electronics, there are several simple
circuits to build the A/F meter. Here's one:

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0217/cms/article.html

and a link to the kit if you don't like to scratch build:

http://store.autospeed.com/Items/14459?&caSKU=14459&caTitle=Mixture%20Display%20Kit%20For%20Fuel%20Injected%20Cars

When I had my exhaust system built, I put in an O2 bung just aft of each
header, before the "H" pipe. Someday, I'll get around to building 2 of these
meters and be able to watch each bank of cylinders.

Cheers,

JVP
1966 Mk1a B382000026
1959 Abarth Zagato 750GT

--
Joseph V. Parlanti

16048 Copen Meadow Dr.
North Potomac, Md. 20878
Cell - 301-461-0626
Email - Parlanti@comcast.net

From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>

> Lee,
>
> Believe it, or not, I have a Bosh sensor on my Edelbrock kit. It is in
> the right bank exhaust pipe just below the manifold. The instrument
> package came with a threaded bung to weld to the manifold sealing the
> hole you make. Weld first, drill out later - make sure no interference
> in engine compartment.
>
> It is connected to an LED array, and senses Air/Fuel ratio for checking
> engine tuning. See the difference between idle, part, and full throttle!
>
> Here is an Amazon.com link of my device:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Edelbrock-6593-Fuel-Ratio-Gauge/dp/B00062YBES

snip ...