Re: [Tigers] Speedo Cable

To: "Robert J. Wanty" <rjw@wengco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speedo Cable
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:12:14 -0800
Bob,

I have faced similar issues and found out something valuable.  If it is
your inner core that is bad, and your housing is good, the cable can be
replaced with a new, heavy duty, AMERICAN cable. In this area, the Tiger
is superior to the Alpine.  Tiger speedo gear is from FORD, and any
decent speedo repair shop can use your old core, make a replacement from
his own US stock, and it can be inserted back through the cable to the
speedo drive gear.

If both the inner and outer core are bad, he can make up a new one with
his Ford fitting parts.

Many shops, unfamiliar with this fact, say they don't do "foreign"
cars.  In this case, this is an American part from their own stock.

Many thousands of miles later, the cable is still good.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com